Not to be confused with NOAD (New Oxford American Dictionary), No Ad School is a website for anyone that wants to explore advertising. We’ve worked in the advertising industry and know how hard it is to find great tutorials and advice when you’re just starting out. So our team of advertising industry veterans and newbies bring everything we’ve learned to the table, without pomp or pretense. Straight advertising knowledge–no ad school required.
Where did the idea come from?
Like most big ideas in advertising, the idea for No Ad School came from copying someone else. Recently we learned of a website called, “No Film School,” that explores how to become a better filmmaker without attending a costly film school. Advertising and Film are similar in the sense that both use competitive and costly programs as a springboard into the industry. At No Ad School, we know that a successful career in advertising doesn’t have to start with an expensive portfolio school program.
Why you want to work in Advertising?
Until about halfway through the first season of MadMen, most people didn’t know much about working at an ad agency. Now that pop culture has picked up on the insane world of advertising there’s a gap between the booze-filled sexcapades of Don Draper and reality. Not to say there won’t be booze, there definitely is, but there’s also a lot of hard work that goes into an advertising career. All that hard work leads to some pretty great benefits.
- Friends & Benefits
- Work with actors, celebrities and editors to perfect TV and radio commercials.
- Attend and help direct TV and photo shoots in far off places.
- Experience your hard work on billboards, TV commercials and on the radio.
- The Best People
- Ad agencies have a reputation for very laid back atmospheres.
- Work with some of the most talented, creative people in the world.
- Get paid to be creative.
- Creative Directors at CP+B make on average $220,000+ annually according to Glassdoor.com
- David Ogilvy, a 1960’s advertising legend, afforded Château de Touffou, a castle in France as home.
- Advertising Copywriters are some of the highest paid writers in the world.
- Sweet Digs
- Does Google have a halfpipe?
- A bird’s eye view
- A basketball court, an indoor park and a bar made of surfboards
- 96 Fans
- 817 Followers
- 18 Followers
- 0 Followers
- 3 Subscribers
- 0 Followers
Earn like a doctor, look like a bum.